Kelsey France shared her frustration on Facebook -- and it was shared more than 7,000 times. She says Richard Wyre wasn't served at the VA clinic in Richland for an infected bug bite on his leg. Left untreated, doctors said the soldier could have gone into anaphylactic shock.
The young couple was forced to go to Kadlec ER, knowing it would likely be out of pocket. They told me it was a tough decision they fear other veterans are being forced to make.
"I was thinking more of the fellow soldiers that I've served with that are also disabled vets like myself and wondering what type of treatment they've been getting," said Wyre.
KEPR called the VA in Walla Walla -- which oversees the Richland clinic. They said they are investigating the complaint, but cannot release any details. A representative said of their services, "veterans come first -- and deserve the utmost respect and best treatment."