Heat lamp fire destroys Burbank home

Heat lamp fire destroys Burbank home
BURBANK, Wash. - Heat lamps used to warm a Burbank home may be to blame for starting a fire. The lamps were on the back porch.

No one was hurt. Officials say the cold caused the fire on Ray Street to burn longer than normal.

"It's actually a burden, dealing with frozen temperatures, squirting water, you're going to get the freezing issues with the water, slipping hazards, so it causes a real safety factor for the fire fighters that are dealing with this," said Walla Walla Fire Chief Mike Wickstrom.

Smoke damage alone made the home a total loss.