The Department of Energy released its framework on Hanford cleanup.
A Department of Energy contractor says five drums holding low-level radioactive waste fell off a flatbed truck in the center of Hanford Monday but no contaminated material was released.
Hanford officials say unusual radiation readings that led them to declare an emergency operations alert last month came from old contamination.
Two Hanford workers were sent to a hospital Thursday morning as a precaution after developing respiratory symptoms that might be linked to chemical vapors from underground waste tanks.
An alert at Hanford sent four workers to the hospital. Radiation was detected while moving waste. This led to a rare emergency operations alert.
An emergency operations alert was activated at Hanford overnight after radiation was detected during a transfer from a waste tank.
Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson says an appeals court decision on a nuclear repository in Nevada is good news for people who want a permanent place for Hanford waste.
More than 1,000 union workers at the nation's most contaminated nuclear site have rejected contract offers from five cleanup companies there.
An emergency siren will be tested on the U.S. Department of Energy's Hanford Site on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
The state of New Mexico has declined the Department of Energy's request for quick approval of a proposal to bring radioactive waste from Washington state's Hanford Nuclear Reservation to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant near Carlsbad.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has agreed to improve waste handling practices and pay $136,000 in a settlement announced Tuesday by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
A Hanford watchdog group obtained a scathing report from the Environmental Protection Agency. It criticizes the performance of Washington state's inspectors who cover the waste site.
The EPA report and the missed deadlines both set an interesting backdrop for the first visit to the site by the new secretary of energy. Ernest Moniz visited Hanford a little more than a week ago. And it was the day after his visit that workers found it was likely AY-102 is now leaking into the soil.
In a late-night phone call to the governor, the new Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz announced waste was likely leaking into the soil below a troubled double-shell tank. It was discovered by a crew doing routine maintenance to tank AY-102.
The big question is where do we go from here? And the state's top leaders are definitely asking that. Many of those leaders were notified of the leak in the middle of the night.