10/31/2014

Currently

50°F

Clear
Humidity: 96%
Pressure: 29.76 in

Entertainment

Ford's broken leg to halt 'Star Wars' filming for 2 weeks

Ford's broken leg to halt 'Star Wars' filming for 2 weeks
FILE - This Oct. 28, 2013 file photo shows actor Harrison Ford at the LA Premiere of "Ender's Game" in Los Angeles. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
Show Caption
NEW YORK (AP) - Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

7/6/2014 1:50:24 PM (GMT -7:00)
Share:
Review: 'Interstellar' a sublime cosmic knockout Review: 'Interstellar' a sublime cosmic knockout