Fun Facts About Potatoes:
1) President Thomas Jefferson introduced french fries to America, when he served them at a White House dinner soon after returning from France.
2) Frozen potato products, which include french fries, are the #1 prepared style of potatoes in the U.S.
3) Potatoes are one of the most highly productive food plants, known to produce more food per unit area of land planted than any other major-planted crop.
4) In the U.S. more than 200 potato varieties are grown.
5) In 1995, potato plants were taken into space with the space shuttle Columbia. This marked the first time any food was ever grown in space.
6) The largest potato grown was 18 pounds 4 ounces.