Soldering gun sparks Benton City apartment complex fire

Soldering gun sparks Benton City apartment complex fire
BENTON CITY, Wash. -- KEPR has new information on the apartment fire in Benton City Wednesday night. The fire started from a soldering gun being used in an empty unit.

Broken pipes caused water damage to the other apartments on the 700 block of Eighth Street.

Capt. Bill Reed, Benton County Fire District 2 told KEPR, "Most attic fires don't turn out too good. This one fortunately, the guys got to, made access to the fire, put it out rather quickly and saved a lot of the building from further damages."

People were allowed back in today to get the rest of their stuff.

The Red Cross is assisting.